First Meeting: Feb 18th, 4pm to 6pm, @ LRC in the Clive Conference Room on 1st floor
- Review our purpose
- Review specific questions we need to address, including…
- Is there interest in this topic from staff? students? parents?
- Why? Why are other districts doing this? What do they expect for results?
- Pros/Cons: how will this benefit students? What concerns does it create? Will 40lb backpacks with text books still exist?
- Costs: what are the potential cost ranges? Can it be done with existing resources?
- Discuss strategies to answer the questions
- Discuss school visits/logistics/assignments
- Establish later meeting date(s): In other words, what time will be set aside for sharing from the visits & conference, and how will we compile everything to report to the school board.
Second Meeting: Feb 26th, 4pm to 6pm, @ LRC in the Clive Conference Room on 1st floor
- Planning/logistics for school visits, including…
- What questions are we going to ask?
- Are we asking the same questions of all districts?
- How are we going to record/organize/compile all of the information
- Planning/logistics for April 4th 1:1 conference
- How are collecting/organizing our findings, as well as sharing with rest of
School Visits: Dates are not yet finalized, but we will offer everyone an opportunity to visit another district in Iowa that is 1:1. We are looking at five or six different school visits that will be available. All visits will be a single day trip, no overnight stays. The visits will be scattered across March and April.
1:1 Conference: Participants will also have the opportunity to attend the states 1:1 conference on April 4th at the Iowa Event Center. It’s a full day conference running 9am to 4pm
Final Meeting: Not scheduled, but we will need to discuss dates/times for coming together to share our findings from the visits, conferences, and research. Although not scheduled, we know it will be after the last visit and the 1:1 conference, so we’re estimating mid-April