How to connect your android phone..
There are two ways to connect your android phone. The first method is the easiest, and gives you immediate access to your email. However, the catch to this method is that it will force you to use “conversation” view, which groups all messages with the same subject line together. If this is bothersome to you, please use Method 2 below.
Method 1 – Easiest Way
- Open the Settings app.
- Open Accounts & sync (some Androids call this Accounts)
- Tap Add account.
- Tap Google.
- Enter your full email address and tap next, then enter your password.
- Your phone is now connected to your WDMCS google account.
- Open the Gmail app on your phone (make sure you are using the Gmail app and not the one called Email). You will see your new account there. If you had a personal account already tied to your phone, you may need to choose the menu in the upper left, and select your WDMCS account from the drop down list.
- On a computer, open your email.
- Go to the settings wheel in the upper right, and down to Settings.
- Click the tab for Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Choose the button next to Enable IMAP and then Save Changes.
- On your phone open the Email application.
- If you already have another account in this application, tap and the Settings. If this is your first account, choose Others.
- Enter your full WDMCS email address and password, then tap Next.
- Tap IMAP Account.
- For ‘Username,’ enter your full email address
- Update the Incoming Settings:
- For ‘IMAP server,’ enter ‘imap.gmail.com‘
- For ‘Port,’ enter ‘993’
- For ‘Security type,’ select ‘SSL”
- Tap Next and fill in the Outgoing Settings.
- For ‘SMTP server’ enter ‘smtp.gmail.com’
- For ‘Port,’ enter ‘465’
- For ‘Security type,’ select ‘SSL’‘
- Tap Next and continue through the setup options. By default, most phones are set to check for new mail every 15 minutes, but this is one of the options you can set during the process.