Q1. Schools/departments are welcome to use their own money to purchase iPads, itouches, etc, correct?
Q2. Do we place the orders through the technology department? Do we contact technology department for pricing information?
Orders are placed directly to Apple, either through their website or the local Apple store. Since there are no longer any educational discounts available on iPads, please contact Apple directly for pricing and ordering information.
Q3. What is the district plan for iPads? Will the district be purchasing and deploying iPads?
The district will start to pilot/test iPads through out the district this fall. The program will look similar to the teacher laptop program with the first wave consisting of trainers who will be responsible for conducting courses for other teachers who take the course.
Here’s some basic information about the program:
Wave 1) Trainers
* Teachers will apply on-line.
* Online application will be available after Labor Day
* Trainers will receive training in how to setup iPads, manage iTunes accounts related to classroom usage, backup/restore iPads, etc.
* Each trainer receives 3 iPads for their classroom.
* Each trainer receives 1 credit hour towards teacher certificate renewnal.
* Trainers are expected to teach at least one 15 course for other teachers as well as be available to assist others in their building with iPad questions and issues.
* Teaching & Learning Services will be responsible for selecting one trainer from each school, from the pool of on-line applications submitted.
Wave 2) Additional classrooms
* Following wave 1 for trainers, another online application form will be available for teachers who want to apply to be in the 15 hour course, which is taught by one of the trainers.
* Teaching & Learning Services will be responsible for selecting the participants.
* Each classroom selected will receive 3 iPads, be required to attend the 15 hour course, and will receive 1 credit towards license renewal.