As previously announced, West Des Moines Schools is starting a pilot program to explore the usage of iPads in the classroom. The first round, or Wave1 will consist of one trainer being selected per school. Directors in Teaching & Learning Services will be responsible for selecting the trainers by Sept 13th.
Later this fall, an additional opportunity will be available for teachers to join wave 2- which will also provide you with 3 iPads – with out the requirement of being a trainer /teaching a course to others.
The on-line application for iPad trainers is located at….
Details about the iPad Trainer application…..
* Applications are due by Sept 11th
* Teaching & Learning Services will select (1) one trainer per school by Sep 13th
* Each trainer will receive 3 iPads and training. Training starts on Sept 26th and 27th
* Each trainer will be responsible for teaching a future course for other teachers who receive iPads.
1) have a teacher laptop or personal laptop available
2) attend 2 days of training in Sept and a half day during Oct
3) provide building level assistance related to iPads
4) agree to teach a course for other staff members
Trainers will receive…
1) 3 iPads for their classrooms
2) Training related to setting up, managing, backing up and restoring iPads
3) Training related to classroom usage (although trainers should be reminded that the purpose of the project is to allow you to explore/test out applications and classroom integration ideas.
4) Utilize classroom, building, or parent group funding for any applications (apps) costs that are needed. However, most of the initial training will focus on utilizing any/all free apps that are available.