WDM Schools Staff…
We are working on the final details of the next round of iPads piloting – the official application form should be open next week .
For those who are interested, we are posting a preview of the application form. This enables you to get an idea of the information that is being requested.
As of today, there are only 10 questions on DRAFT of the application form.
1. What is your name?
2. What is your home school?
3. What is your role/position/grade level/subject area at the school? What is your role/position/grade level/subject area at the school?
4. What experience do you have with iPads? (It is NOT REQUIRED that you have prior experience, but if you have, please describe your experience) What experience do you have with iPads? (It is NOT REQUIRED that you have prior experience, but if you have, please describe your experience)
5. Do you already have an iPad assigned to you or your classroom, provided by the school or parent group? Do you already have an iPad assigned to you or your classroom, provided by the school or parent group?
6. Why did you submit an application? Why is this of interest to you?
7. What do you envision iPads being used for? Are there certain instructional strategies that you envision using them with? Certain topics/subjects that you would focus on? (NOTE: You are not required to have iPad experience coming into this pilot, but we do ask that you have at least thought about how they might apply to your role.)
8. Tell us about your experience with providing support, training and sharing of best practices with other teachers…
9. Please describe, in detail, your experience and ability to use small group instruction to provide differentiation for students. You may include a text description, web links to artifacts, or even contact information for references.
10. For the last question, we will provide the exact dates/times for the training and you will select which dates/times you are available. (Sorry, these dates are not yet available, but will be when the form opens up next week).
Other questions about the iPad application process…………………………………………..
Q1.What are they looking for out of applicants for the next round?
The most significant factor is your ability to demonstrate that you currently use small group instruction to provide differentiation for students.
Q2. When are the training dates? Do I get to select which training dates I attend?
During the application process, you will be selecting which of the training dates you are available for. All of the training dates/times are outside of contract hours and are a total of 15 hours, which enables you to obtain license renewal credits and/or Drake University credits.
Q3. When will participates be selected?
Our target date for the selections is Monday, December 19th.
Q4. Who is responsible for the selection process?
District Directors of Curriculum are responsible for the final selections, however, they may be consulting with building principals as needed.
Q5. How many spots are available?
A maximum of 70 classrooms can be selected.
Q6. If I’m selected for the next round… what are my obiligations?
* You will NOT have to teach a district level course related to iPads.
* However, you WILL be responsible for providing training/support for future iPads participants.
* You will also be responsible for conducting sharing sessions with your building staff.
Q7. If I’m selected for the next round… what equipment/training will I receive?
Each participant will receive 3 iPads and training, which includes…
* Training related to setting up, managing, backing up and restoring iPads
* Training related to classroom usage (although trainers should be reminded that the purpose of the project is to allow you to explore/test out applications and classroom integration ideas.)