Check out the great time-lapse video put together by WDM tech staff member Carl Sundermann (@carlsunder on twitter) The video documents the construction progress between June 13, 2011 to January 15, 2013 to the new story addition at Valley High School in West Des Moines, Iowa.
Here’s some details about how the video was made…
- Used a Canon Rebel T1i digital camera with a 10mm wide-angle lens
- DSLR Remote Pro taking a photo every 15 minutes
- Camera was up and running between June 13, 2011 and Jan 15, 2013.
- 96 images were taken each day, or approximately 53,088 total images
- The photos from 6pm to 6am were removed
- Imported all images into Final Cut Pro v 7.0.3
- Timeline 1280×720 at HDV 720p30, 1 frame/image
- Removed weekends, holidays, and times when nothing was happening
- Approximately 12,450 frames made the final edit
- Increased speed 2x to keep the final length around 4 minutes
- Music from soundzabound.com with education license.