On Feb 21st, our 7-12 professional development day was focused primarily on Google Apps. It was a conference style schedule with leveled courses that allowed teachers to select the exact sessions to make their own personalized schedule.
Documentation and notes from the Google Training are posted at: http://tinyurl.com/wdmcsgoogle
At the end of the day, we collected feedback from the staff. Here’s the overall summary, as well a link to the full list of feedback from staff.
What we liked about the PD day. What went well…………….
- Having choice!
- I was able to pick the sessions that were best for me!
- Well organized
- We had hands on time in each session.
Suggestions for the future PD….
- Better clarification is needed on the course titles, for example, can move back to labeling them as Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced?
- Do this again!
- Keep doing this – do this EVERY year!
- more work time sessions, where we can apply what we’ve learned
- Have another day just like this one next fall.