Over the holiday weekend, our district will be moving our email services from Microsoft Exchange/Outlook over to Google.
Parents and community members will still be able to send messages to staff @wdmcs.org email addresses over the holiday weekend – however, staff will not have access to their email during the weekend. Staff will get access back on Monday morning.
- When will staff members lose access?
Starting at 2pm on Thursday, July 3rd – WDMCS staff members will lose access to…
- the Outlook software on your computer/laptop will stop working
- your iPhone, iPad, cell phone and any other mobile device will no longer connect to @wdmcs.org email
- When will staff get access back?
the morning of Monday, July 6th – be sure to check the district website (wdmcs.org) for all the updates and details.
- What about any emails that are sent to me over the weekend? Will they be lost?
Incoming emails will be delivered to your account – you will just need to wait till Monday to access them.
- If I don’t have access to email over the weekend, how will I know when it’s available again?
Check the district web page (wdmcs.org) on the morning of Monday, July 6th we’ll have all the latest details and directions for accessing your email.
- Will my iPad/iPhone/Cell phone automatically reconnect to my email when the migration is over?
No… you will need to setup a new connection to get your email/calendar/contacts back on your mobile devices – and we’ll have directions available on next Monday.