As of July 7th, here’s the latest on the new copiers being installed… Overall, it will take this week and next week before all copiers are back in working order, as we transition to the new copiers.
– Brian Abeling
1. All new machines are physically delivered to the locations.
2. We’ve installed on the network, and tested with PaperCut and Print Server, the following:
– Valley Toshibas (2 machines) (Lexmarks are configured, in Media Center, 3 additional)
– Crestview (1 machine)
– Fairmeadows (1 machine)
– Hillside (2 machines)
– Jordan Creek (2 machines)
– Stilwell (2 machines)
– Walnut Creek Campus (1 machine)
– Western Hills (1 machine)
These locations have the machines in “open” mode, meaning they do NOT have to login to use them. They are not available for printing, just copying and scanning. TOMORROW (July 7th) we will be adding the badge readers, at which point they will be locked down and can be used for print release to the printer queue called COPIER on the PS-3 Server.
3. The old machines at the following locations have been picked up and are now onsite at LRI.
– Valley (555’s only so far)
– Western Hills
The remaining machines will be picked up tomorrow and Thursday.
4. We will start at the LRC tomorrow, and continue as follows:
– LRC (4 machines)
– Southwoods (3 machines)
– Crossroads (2 machines)
– Westridge (2 machines)
– Indian Hills (2 machines)
– Valley (3 Lexmarks)
We will then circle back and add the badge readers to the remaining ones.
5. The remaining machines after tomorrow will be:
– OPS (to be delivered next week)
– Clive (to be delivered at the end of July, after floor waxing)