In the last few years, Microsoft has limited the amount of discounted/free versions of their software for K-12 students, however, that has recently changed.
If you have a student looking for Office products for their home machine, point them in the website below. There are two requirements…
1) They must be 13 years or older
2) They must use their @wdmcs.org school email address to validate that they attend West Des Moines Schools.
2) Enter your school email address (ends with @wdmcs.org), click on GET OFFICE FOR FREE
3) Click on “I’M A STUDENT”
4) Next, it will ask you for your Office account password (You will actually need to reset this password – as it is not your current password, so Microsoft recommends selecting the “I forgot my password” or “Can’t access your account?” option.
5) The next screen with ask you to enter some random characters on the screen – and then Microsoft will send you a confirmation number to your email address you provided. With that confirmation number, you will be allowed to set your password.