Q1. What’s the status of the 1:1 Chromebook rollout? Do all schools have the devices ready to go?
A1. We’re close – we have a few schools to go, but we will be ready by Aug 4th, as many of the secondary schools will begin distributing to students during the second week of August.
Q2. What communications will be sent to parents/families/students related to the upcoming deployment?
A2. We are working on an faq list that will be broken down by audience – and we’ll be sending it on at the start of August to each specific audience.
Q3. What about training for classroom teachers? What’s already been done and what else needs to be done?
A3. Already done:
- Initial introductory training provided at each school this past spring.
- Optional 15hr courses offered to staff this summer
- Optional 1/2 day courses offered to staff this summer
- 1/2 day training planned in October
- Additional training planned during PD days in Jan (Elementary) and Feb (Secondary)